DAFC.net
Home 05 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Iran drone strike on Israel
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 09:06

Isn’t it strange that Israel has intercepted the majority of these but failed to neutralise a few hang gliders from Gaza ? 🤔

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Iran drone strike on Israel
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 10:47

Maybe try looking at a map

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 11:02

👆 Exactly, hundreds of drones were in the air for hours before getting anywhere near Israel!
Easy to identify, locate and neutralise
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 12:58

And hang gliders are not. Especially when crossing the most fortified border in the world and monitored airspace…..lol. I guess everyone who worked for Israeli security on Oct 7th was on holiday then ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 13:18

No idea what sort of radar signature a very slow low flying hang glider would have. There are numerous reports from numerous outlets on how Hamas managed to dupe the IDF using imaginative tactics and uses of low tech equipment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 13:29

Quote:

desparado, Sun 14 Apr 12:58

And hang gliders are not. Especially when crossing the most fortified border in the world and monitored airspace…..lol. I guess everyone who worked for Israeli security on Oct 7th was on holiday then ?

No they’re not… No engines lol… but I’d you want some further example reasons:
- most hangliders don’t show up on radar
- the flight time / distance was a lot shorter
- there was zero indication / pre warning of oct 7th, in fact they had given all indication they weren’t ready to do anything - unlike the Iranian drone attack which was on our news headlines the night before (forewarned is forearmed as they say)
- When hamsas did launch their attack, they did so under the cover of a big rocket distraction, that 99% of the time is the sum total of events - so Israel were totally off guard coordinated that the West Bank took most of the Israeli attention away

Post Edited (Sun 14 Apr 13:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 14:03

There were lots of indications Hamas were preparing for an attack. Someone in the chain of command chose to ignore them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 15:32

RAF out of Cyprus seemingly involved again!😡
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 15:37

The rhetoric from hamsas was that they weren’t ready and they were more interested in making sure Palestinians were able to cross into Israel for work - completely blindsided Israel on oct 7th
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 22:25

Sunak accuses Iran of committing acts of aggression. I wonder what his reaction would be if a U.K. embassy had been blown to smithereens? And why is the RAF involved by protecting a regime that is committing genocide ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 06:35

As with most things at Westminster, and especially with the tories, I’m sure there will be money at the root of it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 09:04

Quote:

desparado, Sun 14 Apr 22:25

Sunak accuses Iran of committing acts of aggression. I wonder what his reaction would be if a U.K. embassy had been blown to smithereens? And why is the RAF involved by protecting a regime that is committing genocide ?

The whole thing reeks of hypocrisy from the US and UK. They have backed a ceasefire in Gaza, but are more than happy with Israel blowing up embassies, then helping defend them from said embassy owners……an absolute disgrace once again from the big 2 of the West.

World War 3 is creeping closer in the Middle East I reckon, but may also happen on our lands with the current outpouring of racial aggression shown on social media - Rachel Riley being a prime example and shocked she hasnt been sacked by C4 already………

Question is - will all these Nationalist keybord warriors be first in line to sign up for the armed forces when called upon? I highly doubt it. Figures like Tommy Robinson and Laurence Fox love to stoke the racial fire, but I can guarantee they wont be anywhere near a sign up sheet if called to arms!

And better yet Scotland will be dragged into yet another war without having a word to say about it - and house all the nukes on the edge of our biggest city 🙄 long love the union and the king! 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 09:29

Don`t forget the naval dockyard next to Scotland`s newest city.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 09:43

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Mon 15 Apr 09:29

Don`t forget the naval dockyard next to Scotland`s newest city.

Not a naval dockyard per say, but plenty of radiation kicking about there with the subs still sat in the docks…….and a nice big aircraft carrier sat in the dry docks once again…….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 11:41

Israel retaliation is justified, Iran`s isn`t? This government has a curious moral compass.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 12:45

Quote:

desparado, Sun 14 Apr 09:06

Isn’t it strange that Israel has intercepted the majority of these but failed to neutralise a few hang gliders from Gaza ? 🤔

.net conspiracy theory klaxon 📢📣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 13:30

AFAIK - the attack on the Iranian Embassy hasn`t been admitted by Israel? Is this one of things where everyone `knows`, but everyone keeps schtum? Or is there genuine uncertainty as to whether Israel attacked the embassy?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 20:47

An observation for clarity - the Iranian diplomatic presence in Damascus was a Consulate, not an Embassy.

Not that such a fine point would make much of a difference in Teheran, they have previous for diregarding International Law in respect of honouring the sanctity of a foreign Embassy.... 1979...... taking hostages.

Pot and kettle ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 21:36

Iran Certainly aren`t an innocent party and you can look at many of their recent actions to prove it. Pointing at a 45 year old issue is a bit silly tho.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 21:53

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 15 Apr 20:47

An observation for clarity - the Iranian diplomatic presence in Damascus was a Consulate, not an Embassy.

Not that such a fine point would make much of a difference in Teheran, they have previous for diregarding International Law in respect of honouring the sanctity of a foreign Embassy.... 1979...... taking hostages.

Pot and kettle ?

It was their embassy. Post-revolution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 22:39

The report I read indicated that it was a Consulate, so if that`s wrong blame the Guardian.

Iran`s hostility to the West, especially the USA, goes back at least 45 years and their violation of the American Embassy in Teheran and hostage taking then was a criminal act condoned by the revolutionary movement.

There are no good guys in white hats facing off against the baddies wearing black ones in that region, all are complicit.

At least the Iranians managed to identify their enemy this time - rather than shoot down one of their own civilian passenger airliners in Iranian airspace.

Post Edited (Mon 15 Apr 22:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Apr 23:07

D`oh! Idiot.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to their embassy in London in 1980. Forgot about the American one in Tehran.

Channel 4 News also cast some doubt on the status of their "consulate" in Syria.

You`re right about no good guys. Not just there either, pretty much anyone from outside the region getting involved as well (honourable exception for UNIFIL).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 06:41

Iran`s hostility to the West, especially the USA, goes back at least 45 years and their violation of the American Embassy in Teheran and hostage taking then was a criminal act condoned by the revolutionary movement.

There are no good guys in white hats facing off against the baddies wearing black ones in that region, all are complicit.

At least the Iranians managed to identify their enemy this time - rather than shoot down one of their own civilian passenger airliners in Iranian airspace.

===

I agree that there are no good guys, VEE. But I must correct you on that last paragraph. The Iranians did not shoot down their own passenger aircraft. Iran Air 655, an Airbus, was shot down by a US Navy ship, USS Vincennes. The US accepted responsibility for the incident and paid a large sum to the families of the victims.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 09:20

VE was referring to a Ukrainian passenger jet Boeing 737 that was blown from the sky by two surface to air missiles shortly after taking off from Tehran in January 2020.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 09:53

My mistake. I had forgotten about that. Sorry.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 10:44

I`ll be honest Oz I thought the same as you when I first read VE`s post.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Apr 21:28

"I agree that there are no good guys, VEE. But I must correct you on that last paragraph. The Iranians did not shoot down their own passenger aircraft. Iran Air 655, an Airbus, was shot down by a US Navy ship, USS Vincennes. The US accepted responsibility for the incident and paid a large sum to the families of the victims."

That was another tragic set of avoidable circumstances - the civilian aircraft failed to have its transponder on and therefore was not recognised as such on US radar - the Vicennes gave warnings and eventually fired in self defence (their perception) when the aircraft failed to alter course.

If memory serves, the captain was exonorated of blame as he was following American rules of engagement.

The US government did not accept legal responsibility for the incident, nor make a formal apology to Iran........and the compensation paid was less than stellar.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 10:23

Yanks notorious for this sort of “error”

Sure I read they were responsible for a quarter of their own fatalities in the Gulf War and some of the Brits as well. Unfriendly fire you could say.

Apparently the Aussies steered clear of them in Vietnam..” they chew gum, smoke, the Vietcong smell them a mile off”

Post Edited (Wed 17 Apr 10:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 13:11

We suffered self inflicted friendly fire in the Gulf, not that that excuses the Americans who have a THY reputation - allegedly.

Trigger Happy Yanks.

Post Edited (Wed 17 Apr 13:13)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net