DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Early bird
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:03

I take it the Pars not doing early bird season ticket deals anymore? Would appreciate some acknowledgement of fan loyalty.

I know people will say hard times blah blah. But it works both ways and certainly many clubs are out now with great season ticket renewal deals. Whilst at East End nothing. Not even an email from the club.

KOZMA

Post Edited (Tue 07 May 22:08)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Early bird
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:12

The championship season (i.e., playoffs) hasn`t even finished yet, so give them a chance! I`m sure they will still be in the process of number crunching etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:18

Morton have theirs out already, as do Motherwell.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:32

Quote:

theparsman1885, Tue 7 May 22:18

Morton have theirs out already, as do Motherwell.

Both clubs knew for certain which league they would be in next season weeks before DAFC.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:33

Quote:

neilholland999, Tue 7 May 22:12

The championship season (i.e., playoffs) hasn`t even finished yet, so give them a chance! I`m sure they will still be in the process of number crunching etc.

Dundee had their prices out about a month ago
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:37

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 7 May 22:33

Quote:

Dundee role models? Really?

Think about it

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:42

Dundee United had theirs out and on sale weeks ago as well…..frozen prices for next season too
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 7 May 22:37

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 7 May 22:33

Quote:

Dundee role models? Really?

Think about it

What are you on about now?
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 7 May 23:18

United knew what league they`d be in weeks ago. Dundee announced their prices as soon as top 6 was guaranteed.

We got confirmation of our league position 5 days ago.

We`ll announce our prices when we`ve worked out budgets etc. I`m fine with that.

Why anyone would use Dundee as an example worth replicating is beyond me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 7 May 23:23

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 7 May 22:42

Dundee United had theirs out and on sale weeks ago as well…..frozen prices for next season too

Not that impressive, given they sold them at premiership prices last year. They released them expecting to stay up, then got relegated and were (rightly) criticised for it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 00:31

For the life of me, I can`t understand why it matters if different clubs have different timescales for announcing their prices for next season. Their circumstances are all different.

The clubs are not competing with each other for potential customers, unless perhaps there are some Pars fans thinking of buying a Morton season ticket because Dunfermline tickets aren`t yet on sale.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 01:56

Stanza wrote:

> For the life of me, I can`t understand why it matters if
> different clubs have different timescales for announcing their
> prices for next season. Their circumstances are all different.
>
> The clubs are not competing with each other for potential
> customers, unless perhaps there are some Pars fans thinking of
> buying a Morton season ticket because Dunfermline tickets
> aren`t yet on sale.
>
>

No need for the snark.

The point is really simple, the club has known for some time they’ll be in the championship, They’ll already have an idea on pricing and what to do. It’s not THAT much of a stretch to have pricing ready. The simple point was being made that other clubs have done it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 8 May 05:04

We`re not even halfway through May. Perhaps patience is required?

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 07:01

Quote:

theparsman1885, Wed 8 May 01:56

Stanza wrote:

> For the life of me, I can`t understand why it matters if
> different clubs have different timescales for announcing their
> prices for next season. Their circumstances are all different.
>
> The clubs are not competing with each other for potential
> customers, unless perhaps there are some Pars fans thinking of
> buying a Morton season ticket because Dunfermline tickets
> aren`t yet on sale.
>

No need for the snark.

The point is really simple, the club has known for some time they’ll be in the championship, They’ll already have an idea on pricing and what to do. It’s not THAT much of a stretch to have pricing ready. The simple point was being made that other clubs have done it.

No need for the snark and no need for the panic. What other clubs do is irrelevant

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 8 May 07:23

It`s barely May.

Folk need to relearn patience.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 8 May 08:08

I demand an enquiry.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 8 May 08:48

"Dundee United had theirs out and on sale weeks ago as well…..frozen prices for next season too"

Celtic deadline to renew is 22nd May (renewals were launched last week so a 2 week window)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 08:52

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Wed 8 May 08:48

"Dundee United had theirs out and on sale weeks ago as well…..frozen prices for next season too"

Celtic deadline to renew is 22nd May (renewals were launched last week so a 2 week window)

Surely for Celtic its fairly straight forward mind you. They will always know their division, I guess the only changes would be whats included in an ST (European games, cups, reserves etc) and slight price changes. 2 week window makes sense too as Id imagine their waiting list is significant.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Wed 8 May 09:03

Quote:

istvan kozma, Tue 7 May 22:03

I take it the Pars not doing early bird season ticket deals anymore? Would appreciate some acknowledgement of fan loyalty.

I know people will say hard times blah blah. But it works both ways and certainly many clubs are out now with great season ticket renewal deals. Whilst at East End nothing. Not even an email from the club.

Almost 3 months till the start of he season and bumping gums about the club having no fan loyalty and not sending out email notifications. FFS have a look at yourself and the world around you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Wed 8 May 09:53

Quite happy for them to wait this year.

£300 I can use in Germany & worry about it in July 🥳👏🏼🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤪😆

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 8 May 10:03

With Bank Rate at 5.25% are the club not doing us a favour by allowing us to hold on to our cash for as long as possible?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 10:21

Quote:

theparsman1885, Wed 8 May 01:56
The point is really simple, the club has known for some time they’ll be in the championship,

Still in doubt until 5pm on Saturday 27 April, and the first working day after that was Tuesday 30 April, ie eight days ago.

I think David Cook said at last night`s supporter meeting that he hoped season ticket information would be out in the next week or so, and if they manage that, then it`s not bad, IMO.

I`m sure that the club will have been keen to get ST money in as quickly as possible to benefit cash flow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 8 May 11:28

If I`m David Cook I`m not budgeting (as difficult as it is anyway) till I know whether I have two home games v Raith or Ross County - for example.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 11:42

As is the norm on this forum - can’t make a point without folk going in two footed 😂

discussions on pricing, with options, will have been had well before the season ended. The board and CEO will have sat with options, this is what league 1 looks like and this is what championship looks like. The minute it was confirmed what league we were in it could have been possible to release pricing.

Now I’m not saying that’s what SHOULD happen (nor indeed was I saying that in my original point), just that other clubs had done it. Had we the appetite to do so too, we could have.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 13:05

Maybe we’re not as desperate for cash in the bank, as some of these other clubs? People will (or won’t) buy season tickets, regardless of the fate we launch them. The date that they go on sale won’t impact the overall number sold - not significantly anyway.

Maybe there’s a marketing campaign planned, that takes time to finalise. Maybe they want to sort out contracts for next season first, or have other season 23/24 things to sort/finish off before shifting the focus to 24/25. Either way, it’s very rare for a business to be criticised for not taking customers’ money as quickly as possible.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 16:34

"Maybe we’re not as desperate for cash in the bank, as some of these other clubs? "

think if you read comments from last night we are exactly that. to have potentially £500,000 to £750,000 in the bank for the next 2 months before we have matchday revenue would be huge to the club im sure.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 8 May 16:45

Quote:

theparsman1885, Wed 8 May 11:42

As is the norm on this forum - can’t make a point without folk going in two footed 😂

discussions on pricing, with options, will have been had well before the season ended. The board and CEO will have sat with options, this is what league 1 looks like and this is what championship looks like. The minute it was confirmed what league we were in it could have been possible to release pricing.

Now I’m not saying that’s what SHOULD happen (nor indeed was I saying that in my original point), just that other clubs had done it. Had we the appetite to do so too, we could have.

Reasonable points if only forums subscribers were reasonable. You must have known a fair few would think you were having a go at the club.

You are also ignoring the fact that we might want to know if it`s Raith or Ross County in the kitty, as a few folk have pointed out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 18:51

PARrot wrote:

>
Quote:

theparsman1885, Wed 8 May 11:42
>
> As is the norm on this forum - can’t make a point without
> folk going in two footed 😂
>
> discussions on pricing, with options, will have been had well
> before the season ended. The board and CEO will have sat with
> options, this is what league 1 looks like and this is what
> championship looks like. The minute it was confirmed what
> league we were in it could have been possible to release
> pricing.
>
> Now I’m not saying that’s what SHOULD happen (nor indeed
> was I saying that in my original point), just that other clubs
> had done it. Had we the appetite to do so too, we could
> have.

>
> Reasonable points if only forums subscribers were reasonable.
> You must have known a fair few would think you were having a go
> at the club.
>
> You are also ignoring the fact that we might want to know if
> it`s Raith or Ross County in the kitty, as a few folk have
> pointed out.
>
>

Hmm your point about reasonableness is noted 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 19:36

Get season ticket prices out quick. Grab fans with deals before they think maybe walk up prices are the way forward.

It`s what other clubs do. It`s what we used to do too and I`m just saying it`s good financial sense for the club to get that cash in their pockets. Then start building team for next season. Plus I appreciate the club offering deals for regularly buying a season ticket as I have done now for 30 years.

KOZMA

Post Edited (Wed 08 May 19:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 8 May 20:00

I think it`s Falkirk who have frozen season tickets but they are giving fans the opportunity to make a donation towards the transfer budget I think that`s a good idea.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 20:09

Quote:

LEGEND85, Wed 8 May 20:00

I think it`s Falkirk who have frozen season tickets but they are giving fans the opportunity to make a donation towards the transfer budget I think that`s a good idea.

Imagine how that would go down on .net?!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 9 May 12:34

I`d assume we will await the outcome of Raith being in the championship or not.

Massive difference between selling out the away end any day of the week or Ross county bringing 200 if it`s a Saturday 3pm.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:13

Quote:

LEGEND85, Wed 8 May 20:00

Haven’t we been doing that for years? I’m sure there’s always an optional donation when buying tickets.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:23

Yes, there is an option to boost the manager`s recruitment budget.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Thu 9 May 13:42

Quote:

istvan kozma, Wed 8 May 19:36

Get season ticket prices out quick. Grab fans with deals before they think maybe walk up prices are the way forward.

It`s what other clubs do. It`s what we used to do too and I`m just saying it`s good financial sense for the club to get that cash in their pockets. Then start building team for next season. Plus I appreciate the club offering deals for regularly buying a season ticket as I have done now for 30 years.

It’s good financial sense to start selling season tickets now and budget for two full houses against raith only for them to go up and we end up with two pitiful crowds against either county or st Johnston? Have you been on the bevy? and to be perfectly honest I’m not really sure you appreciating deals from the club for buying a season ticket for the last how ever many years will raise much if any reaction in the board room you do nothing but b!tch and moan about the club as is so why should they bend over backwards to please you?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 9 May 14:50

What I found interesting was they weren’t able to sell seats previously purchased by a season ticket.

The NW was sold out this season however there were loads of seats free most weeks, which was frustrating when you couldn’t just invite another family member or friend to come along.

It would be good if they had some sort of scheme that allowed ST holders who weren’t going to ‘release’ their seat for others to purchase at normal prices.

Not convinced it’s going to be as big an issue next season mind you as I’d be surprised if it’s sold out again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 9 May 15:00

Quote:

Berry, Thu 9 May 14:50

What I found interesting was they weren’t able to sell seats previously purchased by a season ticket.

The NW was sold out this season however there were loads of seats free most weeks, which was frustrating when you couldn’t just invite another family member or friend to come along.

It would be good if they had some sort of scheme that allowed ST holders who weren’t going to ‘release’ their seat for others to purchase at normal prices.

Not convinced it’s going to be as big an issue next season mind you as I’d be surprised if it’s sold out again.

Hi Berry this is something that as a season ticket holder is slightly annoying. I cannot make it every week due to travel commitments. My seat lies empty sometimes and would be quite willing to sign up for the weeks I know I will not be there, if there was a system that allowed it. The club could sell those seats cheaper, but how it would work would require software organising at the gates, but it definitely is possible logistically but I am sure there are also reasons against it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 15:16

"What I found interesting was they weren’t able to sell seats previously purchased by a season ticket.

Not convinced it’s going to be as big an issue next season mind you as I’d be surprised if it’s sold out again."

Yeah not sure how difficult is is to sell on but if can sell a season ticket seat again £20 additional revenue to club and offer season ticket holder a voucher a club shop voucher or similar as incentive (keep money in the club).

Online sale. eticket sent to buyer... Season ticket is "disabled" day before game and "enabled" ahead of next game as an admin user

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 17:32

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Thu 9 May 13:42

Quote:

istvan kozma, Wed 8 May 19:36

It’s good financial sense to start selling season tickets now and budget for two full houses against raith only for them to go up and we end up with two pitiful crowds against either county or st Johnston? Have you been on the bevy? and to be perfectly honest I’m not really sure you appreciating deals from the club for buying a season ticket for the last how ever many years will raise much if any reaction in the board room you do nothing but b!tch and moan about the club as is so why should they bend over backwards to please you?

Yes that`s right it`s just about me. And every other season ticket holder who appreciates an early bird deal. After all who doesn`t appreciate an offer once a year!? And if the club was as laissez-faire about their fans then where would they be?

KOZMA

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 17:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SharpPar  
Date:   Thu 9 May 18:56

Unbelievable. The club don’t care about fans because they’ve not put out season ticket renewals as per your timeline?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 18:59

Correct. Morton have, Arbroath have. Falkirk have sold 1700. Ayr United have. What are we waiting for!

KOZMA

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 19:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:05

Prices announced. Up £18 on last year and no early bird discounts.

Post Edited (Thu 09 May 19:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:08

Good to have the prices out early 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:20

Quote:

istvan kozma, Thu 9 May 18:59

Correct. Morton have, Arbroath have. Falkirk have sold 1700. Ayr United have. What are we waiting for!

Relax, what`s the bloody rush?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:24

Now maybe all the bedwetters can stop crying
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:49

The bedwetters will be gutted, what can they moan about now?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SharpPar  
Date:   Thu 9 May 19:52

That’s a cracking video to be fair.
Hope you’ve bought yours already Kozma … 😏
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:13

Ticket will be bought tomorrow! 😃

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:49

Will be renewing mine tomorrow as well but can’t agree with the video which I personally thought was naff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:56

I`m not a fan of the video either
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:02

Video was designed to disguise the price hike. Job done!

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Thu 9 May 21:36

We will sell the most in the league. Perhaps they could sell under the TV gantry and a few sections in the NE so fans can take guests into the North Stand
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 9 May 22:26

Could be wrong but I think that`s where the additional 100 new tickets for the NW have came from

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 10 May 00:45

Quote:

RMGpar, Thu 9 May 22:26

Could be wrong but I think that`s where the additional 100 new tickets for the NW have came from

Yes, you`re right Section L under the TV gantry now open. Well done to the club for doing this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:06

can open that section again now the people who previously caused issues there are unpoliced and able to act however they want and overcrowd other sections of the stand.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:05

Where is this "video" that people are talking about?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:13

Quote:

neilholland999, Fri 10 May 09:05

Where is this "video" that people are talking about?

Socials - the best bit about it was claiming East End is “packed out” 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:29

Why are some so desperate to take the pihs out of the club for anything they try to do?

It`s a harmless wee promo video FFS.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:41

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 10 May 09:29

Why are some so desperate to take the pihs out of the club for anything they try to do?

It`s a harmless wee promo video FFS.

Forgot people are only allowed to post their opinions on here if they are positive, delighted and back the club to Timbuktu and back……..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:13

Edited.....cba

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 10:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:14

Just watched it.
Dinnae mind it, least they`re trying.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 13:52

Motherwell got absolutely slated for a video they did when they started looking at attracting investment. From fans of many clubs and their own for a cheesy cliched cringey video. Result? Guy from Netflix in talks with them about a big investment deal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Video is fine, does the job and is completely relevant to the club.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 13:53

Trust Leish to get a reference to his goal at Ibrox into the video!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Fri 10 May 14:18

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 10 May 13:53

Trust Leish to get a reference to his goal at Ibrox into the video!

I thought it was very apt having leishman narrating a poem of sorts
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 18:14

Quote:

theparsman1885, Fri 10 May 13:52

Motherwell got absolutely slated for a video they did when they started looking at attracting investment. From fans of many clubs and their own for a cheesy cliched cringey video. Result? Guy from Netflix in talks with them about a big investment deal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Video is fine, does the job and is completely relevant to the club.

Yes, that video Motherwell made attracted it knockers, but it gave them a great bit of publicity, and the Netflix chap and his wife who was very high up the corporate ladder with Snapchat have seemingly got some great ideas about how the club can grow. Ideas and connections with these people can be just as important as cash injections. St Johnstone are being courted by some American lawyer, even Caledonian Braves have managed to get investors on board from America.

I`m actually surprised we haven`t tried to attract some more investment using this sort of route. The club unveiled their fair play vision, and this is probably a good selling point to attract investors. Get out there to Pittsburgh, emphasize the connections between the cities and see if any of their modern day Andrew Carnegie`s fancies coming on board
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 10 May 19:14

After selling out the NW last year they clearly have the price point wrong so I’m disappointed they’ve not rammed the price right up to maximise revenue for the club to invest in playing staff 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:17

Have a least got a bit of time to renew ticket and keep seat.

KOZMA

Post Edited (Sun 12 May 10:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:24

You OK hun?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:25

No. I`m not feeling the love.

KOZMA

Post Edited (Sun 12 May 05:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:29

Quote:

istvan kozma, Sat 11 May 21:25

No. I`m not feeling the love.

Stop whining
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 21:51

Gie yerself peace.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net