DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Live Updates - Supporters Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 7 May 18:49

test

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Live Updates - Supporters Meeting
Date:   Tue 7 May 18:56

Good evening folks from a rather busy East End Park Purvis Suite for tonight`s Supporters Meeting

The main men haven`t arrived as yet - hope they`re no` away to Shagaluf already....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:01

Absolute chaos as Pars chiefs accused of sordid holiday exploits!

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:03

So the top table tonight is Chris Hamilton, David Cook and the gaffer James McPake

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:06

Drew Main opens the meeting introducing David Cook

A massive thanks to the supporters, getting us all back in here tonight, highest attendance since 2005 at EEP for the supporters - a challenging and emotional season.

Ups downs and injuries. Hardest years I`ve worked in football. We spoke about before coming up as a progressive team, we had to consolidate, the spirit of the group deserves credit for that.

Chuffed that we have a team to hopefully grow and develop on the pitch next season.

Re Roysth - quite a few people thought it would never come; it did, getting astro done, weather changing a bit so the facilities can come first through the Academy, more programmes and see how it develops.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:08

KDM East End Park will always be the home of Dunfermline Athletic

The Academy will be the room for talent, building on it, getting it all straightened out.

The ten players come through the academy for the reserves team. Really pleased as how that has gone.

Off pitch, decent season in terms of revenue, going in the right direction, sound like a broken record when I talk about costs being a challenge, you know about energy bills at home and your Asda shop, so we have to balance that desire to improve and grow as well as being conscious of the cost as we can

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:10

The kit has left Italy so it will be on sale before the end of the summer.

The Fan Zone - we came up with the creation of the fan zone - sold close to 2000 tickets already; 1400 for the Germany v Scotland game; trying to use the stadium, the asset, the only one in Scotland (so far, but we think a couple of others clubs are catching on, too).

Willing to come back and back us next year.

Thanks. DC

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:14

James McPake

Objective was to get back into the Championship - two days away from the league finishing was not what we wanted - we got a bit more than 40 points - the afternoon at Airdrie was where we let ourselves down.

We did say we were looking at the games, we were within striking distance of them and never performed. Every season is challenging with injuries etc but they grow when they learn to go from there, having to train different positions every day

Kane and Otoo have learned the hard way; it`s not been plain sailing. Emotionally and physically it has been a lot for the younger ones. We can use the time to get better in that sense and they can use that experience. This season was always going to be tough.

I`ll be honest, the first was to be safe in this league but we left it too late. Credit to the players.

Credit to the players for dealing with the season; DC and I every Friday discussing the games. It`s football you have to deal with the situations that are presented to you. That comes from me, me and the staff, whatever team is picked, they kept going and they did the football club proud and will be raring to go next season.

I won`t shy away from any questions. JMcP

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:19

Qs from the floor

Q - How is Deniz?
A - JMCP - We talk about injuries throughout the season, and it was a real worry, the defib was out and on him, we are getting that relayed to us, he didn`t know how much about it. His partner was following along on ParsTV - it was awful for them. He is doing well, I`ve spoken to him since and he is going on holiday tomorrow.

All the results from the hospital in Ayrshire are ok, our GP is dealing with it too - a mixture of a head knock when he punched clear - he was feeling unwell at half time. Chris came and told us about Deniz - if he had an infection and was taking shots / medication then that`s the type of person he is - injuries we can address them quite quickly but when it`s a health issue it`s across the board.

He has improved over the last couple of days - one of those two or a combination of them both. Credit to Willie Collum (I don`t say that very often!) and Scott Brown, and the medical staff.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:24

njuries - anything you`ve learned, training techniques, warm ups, take forward into next year
A - doing a medical review, it`s hard, Matty Kane`s ankle etc. Kyle. We could have handled it better. We spoke about it afterwards - I didn`t realise the psychological effect for Kyle - the way the club has dealt with it, the medical bill has been quite high this year - we need to be a bit more selective from a financial aspect and look into things more

Todd`s one on Arbroath pitch, not to blame, predominantly we are on an astro, you`re always clutching, some comfort, it`s just the pitch but we`ve not found anything that would come off the players. They come to you and say how they feel, they want to be training, you`re holding them back by not.

Part of the review we`re doing just now, Kyle, Otoo and Matty have missed 350 training sessions this season. Bene 112 days on his own. Now looking back on it as a group we need to be better at dealing with it.

I should have been more aware, the stats only tell you one story

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:27

New physio on - being really good - players are great with him. Off season we can go through things with a fine tooth comb

Hamilton and Benedictus -

A - two key players in our team - when Bene was out for too long Chris was in for centre back. For me he is equally good in both positions as centre back and midfielder.

For me he has more as a midfielder - he can go box to box. A lot more solid as a team but have the freedom to change.

Bene has experienced, Chris has done well at this level. He did well with Arbroath. When the injuries came, it was Bene was out, Breen and Sam were out - when you don`t have Chris or Otoo in midfield you`d be missing out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:32

In terms of their leadership we missed that a lot when they were out - Bene and Chris

Q - you don`t know the make up of the league next season - how are you desperate to get through the derby performances?
A - some of the performances are ok, derbies are just about points too - but getting beat 4 times by Rovers wasn`t good enough. I think equally you have to look back on the poor results as well as the good results like beating Falkirk last season. With them coming up you have to get a few good performances, they will be desperate. If Raith were to stay down then they will be doing the same but we need to be better.

Ian Murray is sitting there with 12 points - credit to them they`ve had a fantastic season - had we reversed that and got 9 points. When you have supporters in your team in the dressing room it makes so much better. It`s something we need to be better at it next season - good games, away support, great atmosphere.

Where we wantedt to finish - we built that game up at Airdrie - probably we looked across the board we just didn`t get it. I`m jealous that Airdrie are going to be in a play off game.

As soon as you get within playoffs the players are up for it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:39

Q - Is there any players leaving the club / identified anyone to bring in?
A - more news in the next week or so on the retained list / leaving. Coming back to Rosyth, we can see the astroturf, showing a player down there a few weeks ago it adds that little bit. They can see the facilities, sell them that. Yes there are players we have identified - where we were going to be. All clubs will have offers out to players depending on what league they`d be in. We are speaking to players yes.

Now we have clarity on what league we will be in we have been in talks this last week. With the club infrastructure we can be a real force in the championship next season.

Q - players - some of the players brought in on loan coming back?
A - a few of them, I won`t say their names, the ones that did really great for us; Otoo, KRH, Sam Fisher. Malachi was an easy one for me as I knew him but Cardiff wanted him back. Aberdeen scouts have been at every single one of our game watching him.
Sam Fisher got a really interesting offer from Queens Park before he came here, but was desperate to come back here.
They can see what they mean to the fans, and not just saying that because of this meeting. This is a lad that played for Champions League. That was the first time he had ever played in front of a crowd because he played in front of Covid. He was hopeless for the first 5 or 10 mins and that`s why lol

He comes here and sees the crowd, he gets a real buzz. 7/8k for Falkirk. It`s a big thing for them.

I`m still in contact with our loanees, let them enjoy time with their families.

If Jose could play him he was good enough for me LOL

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:43

Q - poor Stanza has brought up the toilet situation in the NW - not something that a club which is ambitious should have

A - DC - got to balance short term requirements with player requirements - 10-12 jobs around the stadium that are necessary. We don`t have a bottomless budget for maintenance and stadia. I understand it`s not great - and it`s something we can work on over the summer.

Q - lack of goals from front players - style of play, keep hold of the ball, do we need to put the ball at risk more to score goals?
A - JMCP - something we have to address, not to say we haven`t been addressing - taking more risks yes. We need to put more balls into the opposition box. Keeping the opposition in.
Going back to the Airdrie game - we could have been 2/3 up with those chances - it`s certainly something which are working on. With that comes recruitment. Chris Kane showed the level we needed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:44

That`s what Brian Graham does. He`s a player I know well. That`s the type of player we want to take more chances and more risks.

I know it`s not been good enough this season - so we are working away with recruitment to fix it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:48

Q - Edwards going away?
A - He`s only missed 12 mins the whole season - the only time I took him off was when he was dizzy and I panicked.

If an astronomical offer came in for him then that`s football for you. If his aspirations are to go and play in England then I could understand that.
I have not heard anything different, I want him to stay, I think he has more to offer and more to learn.
What we are planning every day it has Josh in the squad. Generally though could he go and play in the Premiership in Scotland? Yes he could. But England he has a lot of work to do. With Josh he is doing the job and no point over the season has he changed - no toys have been out of the pram.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:52

He is actually the one you have to pull back - he`s in sprint mode all the time; he doesn`t jog.

We expect him to be here on the first day of training for the new season on 21st June.

Q - to Hammy - coming back in from injury
A - It is the most frustrating thing to deal with as a player. When you can run about on the pitch and run an injury off but when you`re out and you`re going through a bad spell you don`t want to bring the changing room down.
You need to keep being upbeat and supporting the boys. It was hard for Bene who is usually quite vocal, he was quite frustrated and he didn`t want to come in and have a go at folk. He had to say stuff at times - when there`s a big group of boys it`s even harder. That`s when a good changing room helps. Helping everyone, speaking to us, on the bad run, helping each other. Hopefully next season we won`t need to do that. A big learning curve for me.

Q - does your game differ from defence / supporter - do you feel more frustrated than others perhaps?
A - I think it`s something I`ve done my whole career - as Hearts, Cowdenbeath and Arbroath. So much to get better at, playing in midfield, feel more comfortable in centre back.
There`s so much I can improve on and I can keep kicking on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:57

My family are Raith Rovers fans and live in Kirkcaldy whilst my partner is a Pars fan. It`s great to try and get something over the Rovers ones.

This season has been frustrating - and every game I work hard

Q - High pressing game?
A - JMCP - when we are at our best we are pressing high; this is the work we need to concentrate on this summer. Early in the season we were pressing high, but we struggled when Comrie was out, the first one here was when it hit home when Ayr United came and beat us 2-0. Murphy and Chalmers were outstanding. It allowed them the freedom they were pushing our wingbacks on. They are two good players.

We went to Starks Park, I thought we were good early on, Stanton scores late on and we were poor again. 4-3-2-1 Todd as the second striker, to answer the question in a blunt way, I`m working on it. A lot of the games we did get it right. Losing KRH and Todd are the ones we use for high pressing. We should be disciplined enough to know that we can use other players to do that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 19:59

Q - wingers too? Edwards has a lot of work on his side?
A - Yes. KRH, Holmes and Moffat. We became a lot more effective. When we have the 3 and Josh is excellent. Again it`s maybe a balancing act where I`ve got it wrong throughout the course of the season.
Josh is far better, a far better out and out player than a wing back.
We didn`t get it right often enough and this is something we need to do better with.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:13

We`ve got the players that can play those positions.

Q - a nippy striker?
A - yeah I know Lewis McCann hasn`t been the best at times - I`ve watched Burrell at Cove - could he step up to the championship level not sure but he was great at Falkirk but he wasn`t playing and McGinn should have kept him on. Kane shows we need a striker and he brings players up to play.

Q - Fan disturbance?
A - what went on behind the scenes at the Rovers policing of the match when our fans are attacked post match at Starks. This could have been solved if someone hadn`t made a rash decision at the stadium.
I know social media from Raith has brought up some issues but it doesn`t condone the fans issue with the Rovers supporter being attacked. It has to be addressed and we need to do it all as all clubs and all fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:15

Q - a few ticketed seats are free / no one sitting in them at games?
A - we can`t re-sell it if a seat is sold. If a ST holder pays for their ticket and doesn`t go then we can`t re-sell it. We would love to be able to accommodate everyone when you want to sit next

Q - I asked more about the kits in the shop
A - DC - , home kit end of the month, more later on in the summer and a third one at the fanzone, modern and a few nods to the past too. A lot of chat with the supporters on these strips.

Q - young players / reserves stepping up?
A - Euan McLeod, Taylor Sutherland and his brother Jake. They are two that give something every day in training.
(I think I heard that Jake has broken his leg but please advise anyone who is there tonight to correct me)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:21

Re the reserve match at Livingston. Tod has improved so much, Sam Young, Taylor went out on a decent loan, Andy was at Elgin but never got a game but we take that as a positive. He has the bit between his teeth.
Taylor come in late his first season and he has done great. If you ask all the first team players in training and they say he is the one that gives them the most challenges.

I was worried about them at Livvy game but they did so well.
We have a great group and the Academy has brought them on.

Q - your headknock Hammy? how did that effect you and the general discussion about that situation?
A - honestly it was a bit of a scary knock. When the headknock was bad at the time, so I spoke to the physio and the GP about the procedure about getting back into training. You do all the tests.
Give credit to the manager, the phsyio. I knew I wasn`t right, but as soon as said I wasn`t 100% everyone said we`re not taking the chance. I think Partick Thistle - we were getting to the point of having to do the big games to get into the play offs but all three of them said no. A week on I felt the effect I was going home after hearing the music and the shouting from the players I had continual headaches. I was being honest with the phyisos.

I went into a bit more training and felt better along the way. It does need to be highlighted - head knocks - when it happens people can think if he is ok and we have a big game next week - your life is bigger than a game of football. If you chance yourself on one game of football then it`s not worth it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:22

JMCP - Sutton talks about, parents of players, who have head knocks. Came on with dementia comes on later in life - but we are not doing enough as clubs to deal with this.

When Hammy said it was 1-0 to Morton the week before and we knew it was more serious than we realised (LOL)
Sam Fisher didn`t pass the scan test but that`s because he`s no` aw there anyway (LOL)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:27

James McPake making a good point about the injuries and how clubs should be more positive about the safety aspect of headknocks especially. He also mentioned testicular cancer - things that are serious enough for fans to bring forward and do something about.

A specialist for concussion - SF got 2 within two weeks, had to send him to a private place in Edinburgh - you get an extra sub, great, but is the player getting the right treatment. I don`t think it`s right.

Heading balls, and everything that comes with it, when we are aware when something comes up had the GP / Physio let them play on you have to hope the governing body FIFA etc need to look at it more. It`s young people`s lives at the end of the day.

Q - loan players? are there any financial implications on the Pars?
A - some clubs want minutes to be played. We wouldn`t do it. If they don`t play to their best then we don`t play them. We have undone loan offers with clubs who want this - players have to win their place nothing else.
If they`re not playing they won`t come back. There`s no one size fits all. We look at it on a one on one basis.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:33

The loan market has changed a lot in the last few years - clubs can make monies rather than being purely about the development of the players. Scotland seems to be worse in that respect. Club are looking for contributions to his salary but that is something we are against. It has to help the environment and positivity with the players.
We feel they will get a good education, a kick up the backside, and our reputation is very strong in that market.

Q - protecting the players? radical change in football - no heading?
A - JMCP - I`ve seen all the stuff, I don`t think we should take heading out of it, if it`s only in penalty boxes. It`s tough on me, I`ve had the subject brought up and it wouldn`t be the same game. Managers and staff and players - as a player the manager could over rule the doctor and that shouldn`t the way. The players will trust the doctors more than the management.

Lewis called in the morning prematch, glandular fever, this could lead to rupturing his spleen, take him out, the day before the Ayr United game - probably the first time the gp had to make a call and we had nothing coming back; Lewis was moaning he wanted to play. He was told no as the gp and you have to be mad to against the gp.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:39

If it sets an example for other clubs, then so be it. Players at bigger clubs play in serious injury situations but there`s no back up from their GP / Physios. The management take charge and it`s not right.
When you`re young there`s adulation from the fans, there`s the injections to take, it could cause you problems but across the board it needs to be looked at.

Players have got to be more honest too - Hammy wasn`t passing the tests, he was honest to say he wasn`t well. He wasn`t answering questions - it was concerning - we have had experience with Deniz too.

I can sleep with relegation but I`d rather put the health of the players first.

Q - The main stand pitch touchline - the lack of light / frost / ice / rain?
A - DC - the bracket had gone and it was replaced. It`s an old stadium. There are better solutions now with covers. (I wasn`t out with a hose as had been speculated.....)
The rainfall from last August / September had put us back. The grass hadn`t grown to a depth that could have handled the amount of rainfall we had.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:43

Q - replacement for Greg Shields / Academy manager?
A - interviewing people to cover for Greg Shields and doing training and communication over the weeks.

Q - players coming and going ?
A - budget and what we have going forward - improve the squad - not had any calls about in-house players - decision for the club to make

Q - how does it feel being asked to be vice captain?
A - Hammy - it`s a very proud moment; when I`ve stood in for Bene who is a very good captain, he does a lot of good things off field that fans don`t see, it`s been a massive learning curve for me on the pitch when things aren`t going well.

Aye (pressure from the gaffer watching from the sidelines). I like having the players coming up to me - I enjoy that responsibility. I keep trying to improve and that relationship with the younger boys, Taylor, Andy. I`ve learned a lot definitely. Something I`m very thankful for.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:45

Drew Main thanks everyone for attending the meeting tonight, to the top table, and looking to organise more meetings in the future.

Thanks for reading folks - hopefully got everything down - and your questions were asked and covered by the floor.

Cheers
Buffy x

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:52

Well done, Buffy. Very informative. Thank you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 7 May 20:58

Thanks Buffy

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 7 May 21:38

I was at the meeting but was also able to follow Buffy`s reporting on this thread. Her typing speed is phenomenal, and it was amazing how well she reproduced an almost verbatim record of what people said.

Well done, a real asset to the club and the fanbase.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 7 May 21:45

Brilliant Bigfy as always but I think Mr Cook got away with a lot of questions tonight from fans there that could have asked more!!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:05

Superb once again buffy .. Your updates mean a lot to many like me who can`t always be there .. Great work

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:07

Regards Jake Sutherland, he was playing for Crossgates tonight and scored.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:10

Good updates. Well done Buffy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:14

Well done Buffy. I was there, and that is a very accurate set of updates of what was said. Some speed at the typing to get all that.

And yes, you did hear correctly, McPake said John Tod broke his leg playing for the U18s at the weekend
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:19

That`s a shame for John, I`ve seen him playing a few times recently and he has impressed me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:24

Thanks Buffy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 8 May 09:09

Thanks for the updates.

Seems there are some real quick wins with some things that could be done to address points raised.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Citizen Par  
Date:   Wed 8 May 09:53

Appreciate the updates as I couldn`t get there last night. Some interesting things in there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Wed 8 May 10:56

I was near Buffy last night too.

And yes she was listening well and typing fast.

And she does a tremendous job.

But she has a dark side - she has no shame.

Trying to steal other fans drinks, really, Lorna - really.

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 8 May 15:07

These updates are simply amazing. I couldn`t make it but feel as if I was there, just by reading them.

Take a bow, Buffy. 👏 👏 👏

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 8 May 15:37

interesting that Aberdeen were watching MFW. He definitely has it in him to play at a higher level.

Also interesting that McPake acknowledges that the majority of Scottish Prem clubs are of English League One standard. I mean, I believe that to be true, but I haven`t heard it that much from people within Scottish Football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 8 May 21:07

Quote:

Bandy, Wed 8 May 15:37

interesting that Aberdeen were watching MFW. He definitely has it in him to play at a higher level.

Also interesting that McPake acknowledges that the majority of Scottish Prem clubs are of English League One standard. I mean, I believe that to be true, but I haven`t heard it that much from people within Scottish Football.

Yeah, I did find McPake`s comments on Josh Edwards ability to be cuttingly honest, regarding what level he could play at. He said he could imagine him easily holding down a place at the likes of Hibs and Hearts, but didn`t think he was at the level needed to play in the English Championship or clubs at the top end of League 1, although acknowledging he could make it there if he continued to improve
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net