DAFC.net
Home 01 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Enough is Enough....
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 10 May 06:37

While elite footballers can often earn eye-watering salaries and are sometimes accused of being excessively greedy, FIFA appears determined to outdo them by adding an expanded Club World Cup tournament to an already cluttered calendar.

https://news.sky.com/story/club-world-cup-fifa-threatened-with-legal-action-by-players-and-leagues-over-new-mens-competition-13132331

Is there any point to this other than generating more money for FIFA? It`s not that long ago that Arsene Wenger was proposing a WC every 2 years on their behalf. Thankfully, we`ve heard no more about that. I like the WC, but holding it every 2 years would devalue it, a bit like Scottish clubs playing other teams 4 times a season in our domestic leagues.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Enough is Enough....
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 10 May 07:54

If it makes money - it’ll be a serious contender.

With mega rich Middle East countries queuing up fund teams.

Post Edited (Fri 10 May 07:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 10 May 08:04

PL teams... we play too many games we need to scrap the FA cup replays
PL teams also... We will play a friendly in Australia 72hours after our last game of the season against a team in our own league.

Money talks

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Fri 10 May 10:59

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Fri 10 May 08:04

PL teams... we play too many games we need to scrap the FA cup replays
PL teams also... We will play a friendly in Australia 72hours after our last game of the season against a team in our own league.

Money talks

Tbf.i kinda get that, pre seasons in different countries can actually be quite benefitial, even before.lots of money teams were doing this, but yeah i do agree with the fact that EPL teams are having friendlies in aussie against fellow EPL teams, why not play some aussie teams if they can, help those clubs out and expise them to a high standard

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:06

Shelly, this isn`t a pre season tour. This is Spurs playing Newcastle in Australia three days after their final league game.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net